Sunday 30 June 2013

Video - Universiti Malaysia Sabah Animated Logo

Universiti Malaysia Sabah or also known as "UMS" - This was the place where I spent 3 years studying Mathematics and Computer Graphics. Luckily, I manage to finish my studies and gained my degree. 

After graduated, I was called to come back to work with my lecturer as Research Assistant. During those time, I produced another logo animations and one of it is the UMS's logo. This time, I'm using another new software (for me), which was 3D Studio Max or simply called as 3Ds Max. It was hard for me until today to work with this software. Though it's hard, the video and animation it produced is very satisfying. Honestly, I don't really have any idea how to animate the logo. So I searched the internet to find some examples and techniques used from other users. As I searched, I found this one interesting technique called the "bokeh effect". 
Here's the link of it: http://www.polygonblog.com/bokeh-effect/ . The page contains the tutorial of making the "bokeh effect". It's pretty, isn't it? 


And so, I refered it in making my logo. This is how my animated logo looks like (Look below). You also can view my full animated UMS logo in youtube by clicking this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVycpW2fkps .
(1) 
(2) 
(3) 

As you can see from my pictures, I didn't apply the blink-blink things or called as the "bokeh effect". I wanted to but I thought without it, the logo already looks pretty. Other reason is the effect used too many memory, which my laptop can't deal with. Therefore, I only used simple lighting in exchange of the effect. But in the future, I'll do my best to create an animation using this interesting effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment